OK here are some thoughts on what I hope will be issue 1 of Oldhammer Fanzine, we can debate the exact name on another post. I think we should keep it simple and get issue 1 out relatively soon say beginning of September. I’m going to be optimistic and assume there will be later issues too, so here is a list of articles I’d like to include in issue 1 and some idea of the size they probably ought to be. The loose theme for this issue will be introductions.
1) A great cover would be awesome, anyone got a great picture they’ve drawn/painted, digital or analog that they would like to see on the front? Perhaps the golden Gobbo?
2) Hitting the nail! I had thought we should include a mission statement, what is Oldhammer but then I realised it could well mean something different to different Oldhammerers. Fair enough we can accommodate all. Then I thought perhaps it should be an editorial by myself the closest thing we have to an Ed but I think we should be more democratic. So here is the plan I invite different Oldhammerers to, “Hit the Nail on the Head” with their one paragraph description of what Oldhammer is to them. Perhaps three of these paragraphs on 1 page per issue (aren’t I optimistic) would not be overly indulgent.
Perhaps also answer any of the following one word/line questions to be printed along side:
Age: (somehow seams relevant, 36 ½)
Anyway get your paragraphs to me and I’ll knock it into a regular feature. Be good to include Zhu in the first set as he coined the term…
3) Introductory scenario Thantsants. 1 or 2 pages. Ideally we could have counters on another page for this scenario.
4) Collector’s corner Steve, Erny can help if needed. I think it would be great to outline the bare minimum to get into Oldhammer. How much for a rule set? What’s the cheapest way to get a useable vintage force, (warhammer regiments springs to mind). Are there any other outlets than Ebay?) 1 page should be fine.
5) ‘evy ‘ammers: painting section Nico & possibly orlygg. How to begin to get that old school look. Or painting old school minis the new school way. I’m open to ideas, to be honest orlygg’s post about paining shields recently would be great. I see no problem using old blog posts as the basis of an article, having a print or PDF copy of them would be very useful. A couple of pages of this would be fine. Hopefully we can have more contributors to this in the future.
6) Golden Gobbo competition results, orlygg. 1 page
7) Review: Erny. A look at some of the recent new old school minis. No reviews of minis given for free, only purchases by the reviewer.
8) Bonus scenario, Bruno, 1 or 2 pages.
Illustrators who have pledged support and may like to sign up to provide at least one maybe more illustrations to an article:
Erny (possibly, I’ve got my B in A-level art you know!!)
We are probably a bit short on illustrators so anyone who can contribute anything, even one relevant illustration, even if from years ago please do get in touch.
I think this is more than enough stuff to fit into issue 1 about 10 pages in all. Any other contributors let me know.